Are Tile Roofs Expensive?
A tile roof gives a home a timeless, classic look. Terracotta, concrete, and clay are all durable. They can last up to 50 years. A tile roof can be expensive but homeowners often find it worth the investment when it lasts for many years. A 1,600-square-foot home with 2,000 square feet of roof will run between $16,000 to $50,000. The average cost is $28,000.
Cost of Tile Roof Installation
- Average cost $28,000
- Highest Cost $50,000
- Lowest cost $16,000
By Square Foot
Roof tiles can be purchased for $8 to $25 per square foot, with an average price of $16-$17 per square foot.
- 1,000 sq. ft. $8,000 $25,000
- 1,500 sq. ft. $12,000 $37.500
- 2 000 sq. ft 20 $16,000 $50,000
- 250 square feet 25 $20,000 $62,500
- 2,750 sq. ft 28 $22,000 $68,750
Sort of Tile
- Concrete roofing tile: Concrete tiles are the cheapest and lightest type of roofing tile. However, they are also the most weather-resistant. Concrete tiles are available in a range of prices, from $2 to $4 per square foot for materials or $9 to $18 when installed.
- Clay roof tile: Clay tiles are the most difficult and heavy roof tile. However, they’re also moderately priced at $3 to $7 per square feet, materials only, or $8 to $25 to install.
- Terracotta roofing tile: Terracotta tiles are a premium option for roofing. However, they’re also very expensive at $5-10 per square foot (materials only) or $10-25 installed.
This post was written by Ted Williams! Ted is the owner of A Old Time Roofing which offers Roofing Contractors In Clearwater FL! Ted is a Master Elite Weather Stopper GAF Roofing Contractor, a double award winner of Best Steep-Slope Contractor from GAF and achiever of Master Elite Consumer Protection Excellence from GAF. He has been serving the Pinellas County area … READ MORE